The people of DC live under a potent form of voter suppression. The blanket prohibition of voting for Senators and a voting member of the House locks 700,000 residents of DC out of any representation in Congress. And since any Member of Congress can nullify DC’s local laws, DC’s local elected officials’ actions representing their constituents are compromised as well.
Congress has now launched their most aggressive attack on DC in years. Legislation has been introduced to:
1. Overturn DC's Budget Autonomy which allows local goverment to control our local budget.
2. Gut DC's Healthcare program, DC Healthlink.
3. Prevent DC from instituting taxation and regulation of recreational marijuana.
4. Repeal the Death With Dignity Act.
5. Spend local funds on medical care for low income women seeking abortion care.
6. Repeal the Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Act which prevents employers from taking action against someone based on their personal sexual health decisions.
Take action now and tell Congress to keep their #HandsOffDC!